Elements of Real Analysis and the Theory of Partially Ordered Spaces
The seminar includes but are not limited to the following topics: real analysis, geometric properties of sets and functions, dimension theory, iterated systems, geometry measure theory, order structures, metric spaces, functional spaces.
The city seminar has been established under the influence and as a consequence of the Real Analysis Symposium visited us in summer 2018. It takes place at Saint-Petersburg State University. The seminar is usually scheduled for Tuesday at 19:00.
We would like to provide you with some additional information:
- Our group consists of researchers working in analysis in SPbSU and in other places. There are also students who are attending the seminar. Usually, there are about 10-15 participants in the seminar.
- Our auditorium is equipped with a blackboard. If you need a projector let us know in advance!
- In order to announce your talk we need a title and an abstract. Please send them to Yury Andreev at email@example.com You should plan for 50 minutes or one and a half hours talking. Choose what fits your needs.
- One of the goals of the seminar is to allow students in attendance to broaden their perspective on the analysis and to really get the most out of your presentation. Even if the following may be self-evident to you, we hope
that you are not offended if we state our expectations even more explicitly: it is very much appreciated:
- if, at the very least, master students can understand the setting of the problems you present
- if everybody else can follow your talk for at least a major part of the presentation
- and if at least the experts have fun until the very last part.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions.